The Catholic Church and other Christian Churches are known for their Christian service. As a Disciple of Jesus, God calls each of us to be a Christian steward by sharing our time, talent, and treasure. Giving our time to serve our Lord and serve our neighbor is one way how we live our faith. To help build our community of faith, the theology classes at O’Gorman Junior High implement a Christian service project into the curriculum.
- Students are required to serve their church and community.
- Students need a total of 2 hours per quarter of Christian Service. The required 2 hours may come from one category or a combination of the two categories (church/community).
- This is 10% of the quarter grade in theology class.
- No extra credit is given for extra hours, but students are encouraged to do as much for their church and community as they can.
- Students cannot carry over hours to the next quarter.